PATENT CONSULTANTS IN INDIA
PUBLISHED ON 28.07.2021 BY MS. APARNA JAIN, MS. HARINDER NARVAN, MS. AASHRIKA AHUJA AND DEBANJAN ROY CHOUDHURYA patent is an exclusive legal right given to its holder/inventor to control the use of its invention within a limited area and restricting any third party to make, use or sell the invention without the prior authorization from the original. It excludes third parties from making, using, selling, or importing the patented product or process without prior approval of the rightsholder. At Knowledgentia, we have one of the best patent consultants in India who can not only advise for patent filing locally but also offer valuable advice for global IPR protection. Any invention that is new, involving inventive step and capable of industrial application can be patented. The following points specifically elaborate on this aspect:-
- ABSOLUTE NOVELTY: The invention should be new and not disclosed to the public anywhere in the world in any form or through any medium.
- INVENTIVE STEP/NON-OBVIOUSNESS: The invention should not be obvious to a person skilled in the art in the relevant area of technology and should involve an inventive feature which is distinctive in nature.
- INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION: The new product or process should be capable of being made or used in an industry and it should have economic significance.
As one of the best corporate international law firm in India, we offer all kind of support with respect to filing, drafting and enforcement of patents including technology transfer and commercialisation.
FOLLOWING STEPS DESCRIBE THE PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN A PATENT IN INDIA:-
- PATENTABILITY AND PRIOR ART SEARCH
- FILING A PATENT APPLICATION
- PUBLICATION OF PATENT APPLICATION
- PATENT EXAMINATION
- PATENT OBJECTIONS
- GRANT OF PATENT
We are one of the best law firm in India with our team consisting of experts from all technology domains to conduct wide range of specialized patent searches for all business requirements. With respect to patents, we undertake advise on following services:
- PATENT REGISTRATAION SERVICES: Patent Registration services including Patent Search for all domains of technology- prior art search, patent landscape, infringement analysis, invalidation searches, Freedom to operate analysis, patent/technology audits and due diligence.
- PATENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES: Drafting and filing of patent applications, filing request for examinations, follow-up for first examination reports, preparing and maintaining portfolio in case of more than one patent by same applicant, managing renewals, deadlines, national and international portfolios maintenance, regular status-check and updating clients.
- DRAFTING & FILING PATENT APPLICATIONS (PROVISIONAL AND NON – PROVISIONAL/COMPLETE): We handle complete and provisional patent specification drafting for all technology domains.
- INTERNATIONAL PATENT APPLICATIONS: We file international PCT applications as well as convention applications. We also handle national phase filings for our clients.
- PATENT PROSECUTION: We also undertake Patent Litigation in India, in case of any infringement.
A patent application can be filed before the patent office either as a complete specification or with provisional specification along with required fees. Being a territorial right and granted for a period of 20 years from the date of filing application, getting timely and expert advice for local as well as global IPR protection can act as a catalyst for one’s business growth.